Cost effective. Efficient.
As part of NFI, we benefit from a unique partnership with the North American rail lines. By leveraging the rail lines’ double stacking capabilities, you can transport goods efficiently and cost-effectively.
Intermodal combines long-haul rail movement
of shipping containers with truck transport
at one or both ends.
It’s a fast-growing alternative to relying on highways for moving freight.
Rail is consistently more reliable than an over-the-road truck. So you can reduce and maintain your per-mile rate, even during peak seasons.
- Move anything that can be shipped by truck—from frozen food to furniture.
- Enjoy competitive pricing, even through peak seasons.
- Save on fuel costs and reduce your carbon footprint.
- Avoid capacity issues due to driver shortages.
- Lowers congestion on our nation’s highways.
Rail combines the best features of various transportation modes into one efficient method, providing sustainable capacity for your shipping needs and saving you money, year round.